4.24.2008

TAP NY preparations...

Never been to the TAP NY Beer Festival. Thanks to Alan from A Good Beer Blog and my entry into his 2008 poetry contest I'm headed up there this weekend.

The only problem is that I don't know the area. I've been Googling and Wikiing and checking out chambers of commerce and hotel websites 'til my fingers can't type no more. I'm finally feeling pretty good about the whole thing. Weather should be good in Hunter NY for the trip up. Of course it is the mountains so you just never know. Saturday is a little iffy and Sunday well could be better for the ride home.

I plan to meander my way up there via Easton, PA so I can stop at Which Brew and then set the Tom Tom on auto pilot and find the fastest way to Hunter, NY. While there I plan to take in at least a few of the scenic views if at all possible. Yeah, the camera is packed. There's lotsa other stuff on the maybe list. We'll see how the wind blows.

Hell, I don't know what to expect really, but, I'm gonna have a good time no matter what.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Alan said...

Excellent! Take photos.

Adam said...

You got it :-)

Travis said...

Bring a slicker just in case. They're calling for rain in CNY during the day, that could get down there.

Have fun!