2.23.2009

HB 101 Q6: Will people get sick if they drink my beer?

This marks the sixth part of a multipart series of posts about the fundamentals of homebrewing. Sure there's books, web pages, pamphlets, kit instructions, forums and all kinds of resources about brewing beer. Why cover it again here? I don't know. Why does your grandpa tell the same stories over and over again? Maybe it has to do with how we do it. Again, the question should you choose to weigh in is...
Will people get sick if they drink my beer?
Well is there a chance? I mean, they are ingesting something I made from scratch. What if I make a mistake?

5 comments:

krawdizz said...

No one has ever admitted to it, but it's entirely possible. I never have!!!

EvilchurchdOc said...

Well, no pathogens are going to live through the alcohol so I say nope, you're all good. Drink it up and spread the wealth.

EvilchurchdOc said...

Oh, actually if they drink too much of it they might get sick. This is a public service announcement.

Adam said...

I'm with ecdoc. No pathogenns can live in the alcohol.

Anonymous said...

It will be obvious if you beer is infected- signs such as foul odors, ridiculous over-carbonation, etc., are all signs of this. If it looks, smells, and tastes like a good beer, then go ahead and drink up! (and encourage your friends to do so as well :)