9.11.2008

Oh yeah....I think I died...and went to heaven...

Yes, that's right. I'm pinching myself right now. Ouch...I must not be dreaming. Two of the bars/pubs/restaurants nearest me are, well. smoke free. This is all thanks to Pennsylvania State Senate Bill 246. I didn't read it, but, I'll take their word for it. Thanks Bryan for the link to the Philadelphia Inquirer link.
I really am happy. Seriously. I wonder if I'll go to these places more often. Hypothetically... think I will. We'll see.

Woot!

BTW I visited both TJ's and The Pig tonight and I'm not reeking of smoke. My car smells fine and a smoker at The Pig even mentioned that it was nicer inside now. Yeah...a smoker said that! Doesn't it seem obvious?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lincoln Nebraska has been smoke free for almost 2 years and it has been great since then. The only problem now is that to go into or come out of restaurants or bars you have to walk through the smokers cloud at the front door. But at least we don't have to smell it the whole time we are there.

Dave said...

Welcome to the smoke free world. It's been a blessing for us in Colorado and we've had it here for a few years now. Some cities went smokeless many years ago and then the state adopted it. It's been nice!

kmudrick said...

My bar-visiting has gone up *considerably* since Philly went smoke-free.

Adam said...

Well I stopped up at the Pig the next night too. Must be working :-)

WOOT!