8.07.2008

Question for you: What is the easiest way to make some beer?

If everybody in the world is going to brew their own beer, it would help if it were easier. After seeing how easy it was to make one gallon of Joe's Ancient Orange Cinnamon Clove Mead I thought, "Why couldn't making some beer be that easy?" Of course I haven't tasted the finished product yet, but, I have it on good authority that this stuff can turn out very good.

So how could making beer be easier? Ales are easier right? How about making the batch smaller? I know Ted makes some one gallon batches from time to time. How about shortening the boil time? What about a beer made with readily available bread yeast? Do we even need hops? Would it be easier if we used locally availble ingredients? Charlie is thinking of making some some chokecherry infused beer. I could ramble on, but, I'm interested to hear what Beer Bits 2 readers have to say.

7 comments:

Deege said...

Hefeweizen beer from extract. The hops are all 60 minutes. It's pretty much boil and go.

Deege said...

Darn... I just remembered the Brew House Beer Kits after I hit submit on the last comment. The kits you just add water and yeast. No boiling, and it produces a consistent beer.

Anonymous said...

My father in law has the easiest way to brew beer. He brings over a bottle of whiskey and watches me brew.

Adam said...

LOL :-)

Hey I dug this up...

Basic Brewing Yeast Experiment

Chibe said...

Hey deege-

I actually do a 45-minute boil for my extract hefe to keep the color lighter. Plus if you only do a partial boil, you can top off with refrigerated bottled water which cuts down on your cooling time. It doesn't get much easier than that!

Virgil G said...

I think bottling is the most intimidating part. Boiling and stirring isn't that hard.

Adam said...

I agree. THat's why I keg.