2.12.2008

Miracle or stupidity, you decide.

A while back I attended a New Belgium beer dinner at Monk's Cafe in Philly with Bryan from TBL. Wow! What a dinner. I took copious notes to help me remember even the most subtle flavor characteristics of these earthy, funky, fruity and dry beer selections. I had a review to write after all. Just one problem, I lost my notebook. Yeah...well this review was to be written from memory.

Now this isn't just any ol' notebook. My most cherished moments are recorded in it. Many of them beer related ;-) Over the past nine months I've missed the poems I've written about my children, the sketches of my first deer kill, countless beer dinner notes, ruminations on life in general and well you get the point. I looked all over the place for this thing. It was no where to be found. I asked Bryan if he picked it up. I called the restaurant to see if they had it. I looked in the sports jacket I wore. I checked the car and worried that I left it on the train. Maybe somebody took it. Ok....ok I was getting paranoid. Who the hell would steal it? It was just a book of my thoughts. Not exactly Ralph Waldo Emerson's journals. Time to come back to reality. I must of misplaced it.

Well something wonderful happened a few weeks ago. I found it! "Where was it?", you ask. The inside breast pocket of my overcoat.

5 comments:

Travis said...

Was my copy of Ray Daniels Designing Great Beers in there as well? I have not been able to find that.

Adam said...

I'll check.

Adam said...

Nope...just some pocket lint. Is it on top of the toilet? ;-)

Travis said...

Oddly I looked last night where I keep all my homebrew stuff and found it hidden behind a bunch of other crap!

Adam said...

Happy to hear it!