12.06.2007

Law: Is homebrewing beer legal?

Well that depends on where you do it.

The current U.S. federal limit on homebrewing beer is 100 gal. (20 x 5 gal. batches) for a single adult, or 200 gal. (40 x 5 gal. batches) for a household with two or more adults. More info here at the American Homebrewer's Association (AHA)...

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/government-affairs/statutes

Beyond that the State governs homebrew as well. If you're interested in laws in your state that govern homebrewing, look no further. Again the American Homebrewers Association (AHA) has a great resouce where we can look up the laws for each state here...

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/government-affairs/statutes

The sites above should have all the legal info you need. If you are looking for books about home brewing...
Amazon: Home Brewing

Cheers!

3 comments:

Travis said...

My wife would divorce me if I were brewing 200 gallons of beer for fun.

Brian said...

Nice! You know I've never thought about it..but I just went through my blog (I think it accounts for all my batches this year..) and it turns out I have thrown down 12 5 gallon batches this year (..well I end up with like 4.25 after all is said and done)...but lets just say 12:5 gallon batches= 100 gallons!!!!

Thank god I'm married, 100 gallons to go!

Also-there should be a revision stating something to the effect of if you f up a beer so much that it gets dumped than it shouldnt count :)

Adam said...

Travis, I'm hoping that mine isn't counting ;-) Who am I kidding?

Brian, I like the way you think. Kinda like a home brewing Mulligan